http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/c_stavanger/glossyblue/content-bg.gif) repeat-y;

Pay Your Fare

Thursday, February 14, 2008 | | |

Today yet again I saw another man getting arrested for fare evasion. He was surrounded by four police officers I couldn't even describe to you the embarrassment he felt as everyone entering the train station stared at him as the female police officer wrote him a ticket. Is it worth it two dollars vs. a twenty five to one hundred dollar ticket. Think about it. Anyone who has been caught trying not to pay for their subway ride knows how humiliating it can feel. Imagine what people are thinking about you as they pass by. Some might even point and laugh. Is the crime worth the humiliation? Signing out

~Yanizie

4 comments:

  1. cban4099 says:

    I have seen something similar to the situation you've described. I don't think its right at all to humiliate anyone for any reason, however I would have liked to see pictures that related to such topic.

  2. The Benjamite says:

    I feel the blog looks good for the subject matter. The theme is good because not only it is an interesting subject matter. Riding the subway in new york obviously will see and experience a lot of different this from day to day.

  3. MalmsteenRulez! says:

    Wow....I wish I was there to see it. It's so not worth it, getting busted for trying to get a free ride.

  4. Michael J. Cripps says:

    About a year ago, on the E back into Manhattan, I was walking through the train cars like I often do. You know, you got on the back of the train because the doors were going to close, but you need to be at the front to be in position for your stop!

    I pop out the door and waiting for me are two of New York's finest. Turns out they had me and two other guys busted for passing through the cars. (No BS).

    We get pulled off at the next stop and two of us get let off with a warning after they cuff the third guy and haul him away. I'm standing on the Jamaica Van Wyck station platform waiting for the next train and I watch what happened to the third guy.

    He heads up with the cops and hangs out near the exit with them. He's still cuffed but one cop lights a cigarette for him and proceeds to light one up himself.

    Watching a cop smoke with a collar INSIDE the subway station was just weird. I couldn't help but wonder if it was all a set up, with the third guy being an undercover cop and the whole thing staged for my benefit.

    I haven't passed through the train cars since!