http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/c_stavanger/glossyblue/content-bg.gif) repeat-y;

Catching a Break

Saturday, February 23, 2008 | | |

NEW SUBWAY RULES "It is a violation to move between end doors of a subway car whether or not train is in motion, except in an emergency or when directed by police officer or conductor"

I'm on the J -Train a passenger sits next to me it looks like he's just getting off from work because his clothes are all tainted with paint, maybe he's a carpenter or something. Then as the train starts to get overcrowded passengers start to exit to another car but there are police officers in the subway watching.

This one man goes through first and the police officers automatically tells the him to get off the train. We are all looking like whats going to happen then the door closes and about five other people goes through the car door. As the train pulls off I can see that the police officers let the man go but he was pissed off because they made him miss his train.

4 comments:

  1. ZACK says:

    Come to Chicago! We might not be as big as New York, but we have some train stories on our infamous "RED LINE". We do colors, not numbers. We used to numbers back in the day.

    Great blog!

  2. Anonymous says:

    When I first took the train in New York I was surprised to see people going from one car to the next, because in Washington DC we don't do that. I did it twice just to see how it works, but all the time I'm thinking my foot might just slip. Also in Washington DC the trains have colors, not letters, and we only have five.

  3. MalmsteenRulez! says:

    I do that sometimes when there's no more seat left in a car or when the car smells real funky. Haven't been caught so far (not like I want to anyway). Hey, cops didn't see it, I didn't do it ;)

  4. She She says:

    New York police officers have nothing else to do, interestingly enough I saw that happen to a young woman the other day on the E train. I thought is was so rude cause he told her he was going to write her a ticket and he said it loud so everyone was just looking at her to see what is going to happen. He let her go and the officer just left at the next stop.