http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/c_stavanger/glossyblue/content-bg.gif) repeat-y;

Weird Stranger On the Train

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 | | |

On my regular commute home, I stood waiting for the L train I had just missed one, this lady walks up to me and asks does this train go to Canarsie I said yes. Then she says how much did you pay for your sneakers I said fifty she said do you have a job I said yes she said because most kids spend 175 dollars on sneakers and their parents are paying for them, when they get older and have to work they don't spend that much on sneakers.

I said yeah but I haven't spend that much on sneakers since I was younger she says oh but there nice though I said thank you. Then I heard the announcement for the next train arrival and I walked to the end of the platform hoping to avoid her because she looks like one of those people who liked to spark up conversations with strangers on the train and I really didn't feel like talking I just wanted to listen to some music and get home to get something to eat.

When I got to my seat she follows me into the same car and sits next to me I said to myself this is going to be a long ride. Then she starts talking about my earrings, where did you get those from I hope its not downtown Brooklyn I said yes. I guess she didn't catch my clue because I had my earphones in my ears and I was turning it up louder and louder. She said because they were selling 14k gold but it was really 10k and they were doing that since I was little. I said I wasn't planning on buying jewelry downtown anymore, then there was this weird silence for a while and finally it was my stop I got off and said what a weird ride.

4 comments:

  1. Iddan says:

    Old people are lonely so most of the time they will be like that. But what if it had been a guy? Honestly thats why I wear headphones myself though.

  2. MalmsteenRulez! says:

    Oh yup....one morning, I was taking the E train to school. The damn train took a long time to come. As I was waiting on the platform, this 40-ish guy came up to me and started talking to me. He was asking me stuffs like where are you from, what kind of music you like,what kind of movies you like bla....bla....bla....I was creeped out when he asked me for my friggin' e-mail and cell number. I gave him fake number and e-mail. Good thing he got off before I did. That was the longest and weirdest train ride.

  3. She She says:

    There will always be the weird talkative people on the train and its always on the days when you are really tired and just don't want to be bothered. I had a guy the other day tell he knew the text book i had and he knew some one at York and blah blah blah

  4. Anonymous says:

    As soon as she sat beside me I would have changed my seat so fast, I knew she would get the message. I hate when people just won't shut up, especially when you have earphones on and they still don't get the message. And asking me all those question I would have been why.